Relocation comes with loads of responsibilities and expenses. Responsibilities involved proper and innovative packing of goods so that they reach the destination safely and expenses involve relocation costs that include packing and moving costs.
The cost of shifting depends on many factors viz. place where the goods are to be transported, type of goods, quantum of goods etc.
Among all the costs packing and moving costs make up for the major costs bracket and the factors affecting these costs are:
1. Distance: The farther the move, the more one is likely to spend. So distance is vital and foremost factor that any relocation company will consider while billing you with the cost of moving. Many professional moving companies bill by the hour for short moves and by the weight for longer distances. If you opt for truck rental companies they normally charge you with flat daily rate adding to it; per –mile fee.
2. Packing supplies: The type of packing materials used by the company while relocation is another factor that is vital when taking into account the relocation costs. Packing supplies depends on the type of goods that are to be relocated; the place where the new destination is located. Say for e.g. if the goods are to be shifted to hilly area then they are required to be packed using robust packing methods as the roads in hilly region are normally rough and strong packing will enable safe delivery of goods. Strong and state of art packing materials tend to elevate the cost of shifting.
3. Weight and quantity of items: Professional moving company will estimate the weight of the items that includes everything from furniture to electronic items and use this aspect in determining the cost of relocation and billing the client. The more the goods, the more you have to shell out the money. And in you are handling the move yourself the quantity of things determines the size of the truck – the bigger truck will normally costs more rent.
4. Other considerations: Other considerations like the place to where you are shifting, costs of fuel and labor, other costs related to transport like toll charges, warehouse costs etc. also are the major factors that affect the relocation costs. Like if you are moving to metro areas or big city expect high costs as cost of fuel and labor are high in these areas. Also season also decides the cost of shifting as summer moves tend to be a bit costly than relocation done in off peak season as many tend to shift during summer because of long school vacation of kids.
5. Type of materials: The type of materials that are to be relocated also determines the costs. High value special items e.g. pianos, artworks, costly paintings and are to be shifted with extra care and caution. In fact they need special attention so that they are shifting safely to the destination. Cost of relocating these materials is comparatively higher as risk involved is more and care taken is higher.
6. Time period of relocation: How fast you want to move your goods also determines the costs. If you want to done and dusted in one day then more crew members need to be employed and thus more the costs involved in relocation.
All the above factors affect packing and moving costs while relocating the goods and based on these factors in case your hire professional company they will bill you considering these factors.